Thursday, September 25, 2008

I Almost Felt Bad... Almost. Cubs 9, Mets 6



Ronny is smiling in his sleep. Yikes. That was like watching the '06 Cubs, except we wouldn't have ever had the lead. Or scored 6 runs. Or been in any kind of playoff contention. But you get the idea. What a disastrous loss for the Flushing faithful. I mean WOW. I didn't know it was possible to register a lead-off triple against Bobby Howry and fail to score a single run. This is a weird Cub universe that we temporarily inhabit. Floating in limbo, not really putting our best lineup out, yet trying to be competitive. Not trying to overextend our everyday guys yet doing our best to keep them sharp. And wouldn't you know it? Our final two opponents are tied for the NL wildcard! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!! It's strange. But soon all will be settled. March on!

No comments: