Wednesday, September 17, 2008

You Can't Win 'Em All... Brewers 6, Cubs 2

Jason Marquis showed his rust in the 1st having not pitched in eleven days, surrendering a bases-clearing double to Fielder-- who, by the way looks as though he's actually managed to gain weight over the course of the season. Remarkable. Whenever he rumbles around the bases I am forced to shield my eyes in disgust. Anyway, turns out three runs was all the Crew would need. Marquis was able to settle down but Angel Guzman got battered around in the 7th and the Cubs bats were consistently lifeless all night. Other than a Sori homer in the 3rd and a charity run in the 9th off Salomon Torres (who I must say, looks INCREDIBLY hittable right now. If I were a Brewers fan I would be terrified every time he took the ball) the Cubs could get nothing going. Oh well. Rather than post a picture of Gilbert Brown's shorter, baseball playing cousin, I give you Scar Jo:


Cheer up Cub fans. Magic number= 4



No comments: