Friday, January 9, 2009

Reader Input



Greetings all. Considering it's the new year and whatnot,  I'm trying to improve the content of the website, and to do that, I need suggestions. From you. The people.

So. People. What's up?

What would you like to see The Gettin' Place offer? Here are some possibilities:

1.) Daily/weekly new music or "What I'm listening to" posts
2.) Fiction by yours truly and others both notable and unknown
4.) Commentary on current events
5.) Broader sports talk
6.) Personal, comedic accounts of the past and more recent zany exploits of my cohorts and I (You'd be anonymous cohorts. Relax.)


Just a few of my own ideas. If you could tell me what you like, don't like, want more of, would like to see, it would go a long way in making The Gettin' Place a better, um, place, to dick around on the world-wide-inter-super-high-web-o-sphere-net.

So I encourage, nay demand... no, that's too strong. Beg? No, too needy. Dammit.

Forget I said anything. Just leave some suggestions here.







That's right. I just Rick Roll'd the shit out of my own audience. That's how I do. 

Now if you aren't too offended, I would greatly appreciate it if you would leave your advice in the section marked "comments" underneath this post.

Cheers.

-JDP

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. What you're listening to
2. Fiction by you

The rest of that stuff would be good, too. Yes, I'm reading your blog on a Friday night, so I'm not sure I'm representative of your audience, but I obviously really need to be entertained.

Freshies said...

Monkey's doing people stuff and if for some reason we do something funny and you can tell a good story then I would like to hear your take on our exploits.

Anonymous said...

How about people doing monkey stuff? But seriously - fiction by you, more topics(food, movies,current events)and lots of funny insights.

Russ said...

I would like to know what you're wearing. I would also like to see you shower... us with your fiction and silly funny haha tales of bravery and hilarity! Also what you're listening to/reading, bitch. mwah!

Anonymous said...

More music stuff please

Anonymous said...

My vote would be for people doing monkey stuff and broader sports talk. Preferably in depth discussions of the most recent hot cricket matches or "Chllenges" i think they call them. Maybe some fiction would be nice.

Freshies said...

Puder check out this job offer http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/wri/989593119.htmlits for us bloggers and sounds like something you might be interested in.

The People's Champion said...

Puder I like your music. and sports stuff. you should talk shit about Bill Simmons cuz he's an SD hater.

tim said...

Sir, I am pleased to have discovered your blog. I vote for fiction, and hijinks. Preferably real hijinks, with brooding kafka-esque fiction. Is that too much too ask for!?

-best,

Tim

Anonymous said...

How about your bowel movements?

Anonymous said...

Just as Theo Van Gogh encouraged his brother Vincent to bring more color to his impressionist paintings, so shall I contribute to your artistic expression. As I stated earlier, I would very much like to see more face melters. In this light, I think it would be super duper dank if you had a "band of the week".

As my humble companion and our mutual friend Ross Finkel suggested, I think it would be nice if you talked about books. In this post-whats your major? world I like to tell women about books I am reading or have read. But with my busy schedule and lack of interest in actually reading any books, I find it ever more difficult to come up with new material for the ladies. So, if you could blog about some new/hip literature, that would be dandy.

Broader sports stuff would be cool. I often find myself wondering, "What would ol' poopy hands think about _______?"

How about some 'would you rathers?' Nothing ignites passionate discussion like a few solid 'would you rathers'

Lastly, I would like some discussion about crazies to take place. Maybe a top ten could take shape, with the input of your loyal consigliere of course.

JDP said...

Thanks for the input people.

"In this post-whats your major? world I like to tell women about books I am reading or have read. But with my busy schedule and lack of interest in actually reading any books, I find it ever more difficult to come up with new material for the ladies."

-Fucking hilarious

Would you rathers and crazies. Both great ideas. They will become a staple, with your help of course.

LiquidHeaven said...

I don't follow sports, maybe a little NBA but that's it. Ax the sports down to a minimum would be my preference.