Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Return From Hiatus

I've been vacationing and attending to other matters recently. Haven't been in the mood to blog lately. For those of you saying, "Well, you get in the mood!"... I will try.

So here's a brief recap of things that have happened since I've been out of commission:

1. Cubs send DeRo away to the Indians to join Woody, receive prospect arms

2. Cubs sign utility guys Joey Gathright, Aaron Miles

3. Cubs sign Gameboard (Milton Bradley) to three year, $30 mil. deal

4. Cubs send Marquis to Rockies for bullpen arm (Vizcaino) and cap space

The following is a very brief summary of how I feel regarding these respective moves:

1. Fuck! Fuck shit dammit! Better be a greater plan in motion...

2. Hooray. How thrilling. At least Gathright can jump over cars:


3. Not my #1 choice (I was partial to Dunn the Big Donkey) but we'll see. If he stays healthy he will rake and bring some more swag to the North Side.

4. Fine with it.


What else? Oh, Animal Collective released the first great album of 2009, Merriweather Post Pavillion. Perhaps the best track from this new offering, "My Girls," can be heard here, at their MySpace.

I discovered Detroit rapper Black Milk and his late 2008 release Tronic. It's a dope beat extravaganza. Start off with "Long Story Short," "Hell Yeah," "Overdose," "The Matrix," and my personal favorite "Bond 4 Life." Headphones highly recommended. You can stream the whole album from his MySpace here.


Oh yea. And the Bears lost. Fuck.

Well that oughta do it for now. Here's a music video some of my Colorado companions made to accompany Rick Astley's under-appreciated tour-de-force, "Together Forever." As they put it, it's "The tale of two young lads who discover the magic of friendship with the help of everyone's favorite musician." Sounds good to me. Hit it:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

kreepy

Freshies said...

That was hilarious. I didn't know Finkel was a YouTube star.

JDP said...

Creepy? I don't know... I thought it was more life affirming than creepy.

Oh he is. He's got quite a few videos on the tube, including some of his projects from film class. Check 'em out here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/skidoozer

Anonymous said...

i am sticking with kreepy